Thursday, June 29, 2017

SSS Wednesday Challenge -- Anything Goes!

Hello paper crafters! I am here today with a card I made using the "Wild Cuddly Critters" stamps from Simon Says Stamps.

Those critters are super cute; right?!

I am linking this card up to the following challenge:

1) Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog: Anything Goes

They are showcasing Art Impressions products for this challenge. I used the Art Impressions Mini Action Wobbles for my card.



I made this card with my nephew's birthday in mind. The Action Wobble makes it perfect for kids!

I cut a rectangle from Neenah 80# White Cardstock and used Distress Inks to watercolor it. I then stamped the two hearts several times, overlapping the outer edge. Using Distress Inks again, I watercolored the hearts to make them pop from the page slightly.

I then used a #5 Kraft Tag. I put down a few blue Distress Ink colors on my craft paper and added some water, making it really wet. I then dragged my Tag through the puddly mess and dried it. I did this a couple of times until I got the look I wanted.

Next I used the dot stamp from Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Mixed Media CMS125 stamp set. I used another shade of blue in Distress Inks and stamped it off the side. I then sprayed the tag using my Ranger mister to give it some small water dots.

Off to the side of the tag I stamped Wild About You from the stamp set using black ink and then colored it in with a blue Spectrum Noir marker. I attached the tag at an angle on the card.

I stamped the lion from the stamp set and fussy cut him out after coloring him with Spectrum Noir markers. I watercolored a heart I cut out freehand, stamped versamark over it and embossed it with clear. I then attached the heart to the lion.



I used one of the Art Impressions Mini Action Wobbles to attach the lion to the tag. He looks so cute when I flick him slightly and he wobbles!



I also stamped the little red hearts using the stamp from the set and Watermelon from the Fresh Fruit Simon Says Stamp Hybrid Stamping Ink Cube Pack. 

I hope you enjoyed my first attempt at a challenge, and my first attempt at blogging about my paper crafting!

I welcome any comments below and I appreciate your visit today!
Evelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment